Monday, November 3, 2014

Inspiring Others

source


I was at the car dealer the other day when this mother came in with her little boy. They sat next to me and he was playing with his Hotwheels race car, reenacting Sunday's NASCAR race. I asked him who his favorite driver was and he said Dale Jr. and Jeff Gordon. I asked him who he wanted to win the Championship and he said NOT Keselowski or Kyle Busch. I asked why? He followed that question up by saying, "They have poor sportsmanship. Jeff and Jr. are nice and do a lot for others, I want Jeff to win." I then asked how old he was and he said four and three quarters. I was so impressed with how much this little boy knew about the NASCAR sport and the impressions these four drivers had on him.

We never realize just how our words and actions impact others until we hear it from the mouths of kids. It was clear to me this little boy looked up to Jeff and Dale Jr.

Who inspires you? Who do you look up to?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment