Thursday, October 23, 2014

Let's Do This: You Got The Job






The waiting game is over... the phone rings and Yes, You Did It! Congratulations you got the Job! You are so excited you start texting people, even posting it on Facebook - but WAIT! There are some things you need to do before you start blasting those messages out.
  1. You need to get the written letter in hand. A verbal offer is great but until it's in writing ANYTHING can change.
  2. READ IT to make sure it matches what you were told and what you expected.
  3. SIGN IT and return it.  Most offers have an expiration date for returning. Just because you said yes they still need the signed copy
  4. Currently employed? RESIGN.  This is your "Two Weeks Notice" That's right, you have to face your boss and tell him/her that you are leaving. Prepare a written resignation letter and give it to your boss when you speak with him/her.
  5. Once you've resigned then you can share the news to everyone!
But what about that resignation letter...? What should it say? Keep it short and sweet and be professional, even if you didn't like your job or boss, you don't want to burn any bridges as you may cross paths again. There are many samples you can find on google, the one I like best is below.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMPLE LETTER:
Dear (Bosses name),
I am writing to inform you that I am resigning from my position of (insert job title). My last day of employment will be (2 weeks from date on letter).  I have decided to pursue another opportunity.

Thank you for the opportunities and experiences I have gained over the course of my employment here.  I wish you and the company all the best for the future.

Sincerely,
(Sign)
Your name
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck & feel free to let me know how it goes! If you are looking for your next career opportunity, don't be shy! Send me an email anytime  at leona@connexiohr.com !



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment