Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Happy Birthday

Source
Hello! Hello! Today is a pretty special day for me - It's my birthday! It's a weekday and running your own business means that you have to make some sacrifices, so I'm still working over here at the home office.. I'm working to bring you some great posts in the future, and working to connect great people with great jobs (of course) Today however, I would like to share a few fun facts and maybe some things that you might not know about me.
Let's bring you a little closer to knowing who I am.. because, wouldn't you want to know a little bit more about the person whom you're entrusting with matching you to your next job? My daughter has asked me a few questions to share with you, so  here they are:

1. Which Birthday was your most memorable and why?
Wow this is a tough one. My 30th was great, my coworkers planned the day at work, decorated my office, gave me a 3' light up alien (inside joke: our lake house is #51 so we call it "area 51" the alien we named Roswell) I even had my own rocking chair at a table at lunch! My 50th was also a memorable one as I celebrated with my husband, daughter and niece in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Such a relaxing time on the beautiful beaches. I am so blessed each year! Bring on another!

2. You and your husband have two family dogs, what are they're names and what breed are they?
Zoie is our rescue dog from TN. She is a mix of Border Terrier and Chihuahua. She's 4 years old, 9lbs. and she's the scruffy black and gray one in my about me picture!
Cody is the white one, he's a mix as well. We were told he's Chihuahua and pomeranian, but the pom could also be Papion - Who knows! He's adorable! He's 3 years old and about 12lbs. he may be the dominant one but Zoie sure can put him in his place!

3. Coffee is a staple in your every household, how do you drink your coffee in the mornings?
I recently within the past year started drinking my coffee black.  I used to drink it with milk and sugar but with the changing to healthy eating, I've switched to black and am happy about it! It also makes it a lot easier when traveling and I don't have to worry about someone mixing it wrong.

4. What is your favorite book and why would you recommend it to someone?
I'm more of a movie buff than a reader but there's always a few good ones:
The Street Lawyer by John Grisham - I love his style and the book is just enough mystery you won't want to put it down!
The Harry Potter Series - Because who doesn't love them? I'm a kid at heart!
Anything written by Nicholas Sparks - He fills his books (and movies) with just enough romance and mystery too keep you reading!

5. Is there a movie you are looking forward to seeing soon?
I actually have 3 I would like to see... The November Man, The Hundred Foot Journey, & And So It Goes. They all look so good I can't decide!

6. Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
We took a cruise to the Carribbean as a family a few years back. I absolutely love St. Thomas - very cool place to visit. It's definitely a tie with Hawaii.

7. Share with us one pro and one con about working from home?
One pro is I get so much more done during the day. Commuting used to take up a good hour each way. One con is not seeing and interacting in person with other people each day. 

8. What are 3 things you can't live without?
My family, My dogs, and food!

9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would your next vacation be?
This is a tough one, I have always wanted to travel the U.S. but I've always wanted to go to Australia too!

10. Since it's your birthday, what is your favorite dessert?
Chocolate cake and ice-cream. I'm a real traditional person and I love my chocolate!




Stay tuned for more great posts to come!! Have a great day!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment